We have experienced librarians ready to help Unitec staff and students with their information questions. We can help with finding books, journal articles, searching information databases, and they can also answer your questions about services the library offers.
Use one of the methods below that best suits your needs.
- Live Help
Select this service by clicking on the orange image in the column on the left. It is found on every Unitec Library page, some of our database search pages and on our Unitec Library Facebook page. If the button is not visible, there are no librarians available to answer your question.
When you click on this button, a new window will open. Type your question in the box marked "Type here to chat" and press 'Enter' on your keyboard. A librarian will respond to your question, and be available to chat with you until your question has been answered.
The Live Help is available at peak times during library opening hours.
[Note that this service is for staff and students only. If you are not from Unitec you can try the National Library service.]
- Email - Email a question. We will reply as soon as possible.
- Online Forms
- In person - Talk to a librarian in person during our opening hours.
Contact details for our Lending, Interloans, Distance and Research Services are listed below so you can contact them directly.
- For questions about borrowing, renewing, and requests/recalls contact the library:
Phone: (09) 892 8625, (09) 892 7241, (09) 892 8982
If you want to renew materials or find out what items you have out, you can access your Library Record online.
- Inter-library Loan
- For questions about requesting books or articles not held in Unitec Libraries contact the Interlibrary Loan team:
Phone: (09) 892 8575
For more information on Interlibrary Loans please see the Interloans page.
If you wish to make a request either complete the article request form or the book request form.
- For questions about our distance services for students living outside greater Auckland contact Distance Services:
Phone:(09) 892 8575
Or take a look at our Distance Services page.
- For help with your research:
Or take a look at our Services for Postgraduates page.