Direct links to most popular standards
Click here to go to our LibrarySearch page with direct links to the most popular NZ Standards
How to find a Standard
- Go to NZ Standards Online
- a database that gives online access to New Zealand standards.
- If you have not created a personal registration for New Zealand Standards, do so now by clicking on the Register button, filling in the form and click on Submit. This only needs to be done once.
NOTE: This is a personal registration, your Unitec login is not linked to this database.
If you have already registered log in using the email address and password you registered with.
- Using the search boxes on left of screen, type in the standard number under "Document number or Organisation" eg 3604
- Click Search.
- In the centre pane, results of your search will appear. Find the Standard you are interested in, and click on the title. This will open a PDF of the document after asking you to agree to the IHS terms and conditions*.
* Before viewing NZ Standards on this site, you will be asked to agree to the IHS Terms and Conditions. These are the APAC documents on this page: https://www.ihs.com/legal/licensing-tc.html. When using the Standards database you must comply with the IHS Terms and Conditions as well as the Copyright Compliance Guidelines below.
Copyright Compliance Guidelines for the use of these Standards
What you CAN do as an authorized user:
- Unlimited searching and viewing of documents included in the service.
- Print a copy of a document for your personal use.
- Download and view a document temporarily on your computer for short term use. To prevent use of outdated documents, we recommend viewing documents directly from your subscription service.
- Use a limited amount of content from a document in a document you create for internal use. Best practice is to reference the standards organization (Standards NZ or Standards Australia and Standards NZ jointly), document number, revision status, publication date, and paragraph number.
- Link to the database from Moodle - see http://libguides.unitec.ac.nz/copyright/vc/ihs
What you CANNOT do as an authorized user:
- Further reproduce or photocopy a document you download or print.
- Share access to the service, or a document you download or print, with a third party.
- Develop a personal electronic or hardcopy library of documents or create a derivative work from the service.
- Remove or obscure the content or any other markings on a document you download or print.
- Put a pdf in Moodle - see http://libguides.unitec.ac.nz/copyright/vc/ihs
For more detailed help, covering how to print and examples see the NZ Standards Help Sheet.