About the Text Notices service
Would you like to know when the books that you have requested are ready to be picked up?
Or would you like to get reminder when your books are due back?
Now we can send notices like these to you by text message. All you have to do is register to trial the new text message service.
It's free, easy and convenient.
How to register for Library TXT notices
- Click here to go to the myUnitec portal and login using your normal Unitec network username and password.
- The registration page should open.
If registration page does not open - click on the LIBRARY TXT NOTICES link on the left menu of the portal.
- Click on the ‘register here’ link at the top of the registration page and scroll down to bottom of page
- Type your mobile phone number into the subscription box
- Click the Submit button (then you are registered)
What notices will you get?
Once you are registered you will start to receive the following types of Library Notices via TXT:
- Your Request/Recall is available to pick up - An item that you requested is now available to pick up from your chosen library.
- Your item has been recalled - An item you have out has been recalled by another user and must be returned within 7 days (or less if it was due earlier).
- Overdue notice - Notice telling you that some items you have out are overdue and are accruing fines.
- Overdue recall notice - This notice tells you that you have not returned an item that was recalled by another user and that it is now overdue and accruing heavy fines.
- Reminder notice - Advance notice that some items you have out will be due for return or renewal in a few days time (also known as a Courtesy Notice).
How to unregister / unsubscribe
If you wish to stop receiving notices at any time just log in to the registration page, scroll to the bottom, select 'unsubscribe' and click Submit.
More about the text notice service
- The text messages will be automated and one way only.
- Replies cannot be received by text, so do not reply to messages you receive. If you require more information check your library record online, or phone our land line (09)815 4185.
- You need to register in order to use the service, and by registering you agree to accept the Terms and Conditions listed below.
- You will continue to receive notices via email whether or not you register for text messages.
- Feedback is welcome. Any comments or questions can be sent to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions of Use
- Due to the uncertainty of text messaging, the Library cannot guarantee that you will successfully receive text messages.
- Texts can be sent only to mobile phones on the major networks in New Zealand.
- This service is only for students and staff of Unitec.
- Messages will not be received if the registered mobile phone is outside New Zealand at the time the message is sent.
- Privacy: Unitec uses an external SMS service for text messages. Signing up with this service authorises the Library to provide your mobile number to the SMS broadcasting service.
We have been assured that this information will be kept confidential. However, Unitec cannot be held responsible for the security of messages sent to you.