This service provides Unitec staff and students with materials not held in the Unitec Library collections, by requesting materials, on their behalf, from other libraries and organisations within NZ or from overseas.
How to request an Interloan
- Check the Library Catalogue to make sure the item is not held in the Unitec Library system.
- Complete either the Article or Book request form online:
- If you have questions check our FAQs below or contact us:
Interloan Policy Limits
Staff and postgraduate students can request a maximum of 40 interloaned items per year without charge. Undergraduate students can request up to 10 interloaned items per year without charge.
- How long will it take? Allow approximately 10 days for interloans to reach our library. Some articles may arrive sooner.
- How do I know when it's arrived? Many requests will be emailed to you.
You will be emailed when books are available to collect.
- How long may I have an interloan? This varies as the lending library determines how long material may be borrowed. Some materials such as theses may only be used in the library.
- Can interloans be renewed? Sometimes. Please request a renewal before the item is due.
- What are the Copyright restrictions? Articles may be requested for research or private study only. Copies cannot be put on Moodle or copied for students. No more than one article from a particular journal, or two if they are on the same subject, may be obtained at any one time.
- Will I get fined if I am late returning my interloan? Yes, all overdue interloans are fined in the same way as Unitec library items.