Finding a Suitable Journal
You can find possible journals by being aware of publications your
colleagues have successfully been published in, or looking at a database
such as Scopus.
Does the mission of the journal match the topic of your article? Most journals have a page (and/or url) that explains their mission or the types of material they publish. A forthcoming special issue may match your planned article.
Submitting Your Research
- Select two or three journals that already publish in the same subject area as your proposed article
- Start with the most prestigious journal for which your paper has a chance of being accepted
- Note the typical length of article, style, type of references etc
- If possible, cite any relevant work published in the same journal
- Cite key people in the subject area
- Be persistent